Do you work in the homelessness sector and need evaluation support? Then this is the contest for you!
Hub Solutions is a social enterprise of the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness. Our mandate is focused on supporting the homelessness sector with their research and evaluation activities. As a result, we want to learn more about the sector’s evaluation needs and how we can help.
By entering the Hub Solutions Program Evaluation Consultation Giveaway, you will have the chance to win a free evaluation consultation with the Hub Solutions staff. This will also help us to better serve communities in their efforts to prevent and end homelessness. All you have to do is complete this 15-minute application by November 30 2018!
Here’s How It Works:
- Fill out this short 15-minute application telling us about who you are and your evaluation needs.
- We will select a handful of applicants for a brief phone chat.
- Our expert team of evaluation and design communications specialists will contact you in early December about the status of your application and if you’re the lucky winner!
- Voila! Pro bono evaluation consultation services to jumpstart your awesome initiative!
Here’s What We're Looking For:
- A brief description of your initiative, how long it’s been running, who’s involved, and what makes it magic. Perhaps it’s a project that’s been sitting on the side of your desk, and needs a little bit of love and extra pairs of hands? This is your time to dust it off and give it a shine!
- A concise (but articulate) idea of what you want the evaluation to look like, and what you want to learn.
- How will this evaluation impact your organization as a whole?
- Will it help you get more funding?
- Will it help shape how resources are allocated?
- Will it grow your program?
We’re looking for thoughtfulness here, so don’t sweat the small stuff; we’ll iron that out together.
Here’s What You Could Receive:
The recipient of the evaluation consultation will receive in-kind evaluation support. Depending on the nature of the project, this can include consultations to assist with:
- Creating logic models;
- Developing outcomes measurement frameworks;
- Data collection methods and procedures;
- Data analysis strategies and techniques;
- Request for proposal (RFP) preparation and writing;
- Staff training for evaluation 101;
- Literature reviews; and or
- Strategic guidance.
Regardless of the nature of the project, the relationship between Hub Solutions and the winning organization will most likely have these key elements:
- A kick-off meeting: A kick-off meeting will include some of the following activities: signing an MOU, refining the project scope, start dates and timeline. This will also be a good time to talk the logistics of working together. The evaluation can occur anytime between January 1 –December 31, 2019
- Regular touchpoints: We will be available for regular, ongoing touch points throughout the process. The schedule of regular touchpoints will be determined based upon the needs of the project.
- A final deliverable: The final deliverable is open for discussion, but will depend upon the project needs.
In order to be entered in the contest, you must be a Canadian organization with a program that addresses homelessness.
Other considerations/conditions include:
- You may submit as multiple applications, but please submit separate forms for each.
- You must have a concrete idea of your initiative to be evaluated.
- You must thoughtfully fill out the application in order to be considered for evaluation.
- Evaluations must be completed between January - December 2019.