Adjuct Associate Professor/Research and Policy Consultant
Organization/University:University of Calgary and Mental Heatlh Commission of Canada
Department:School of Public Heath
Dr. Adair is an adjunct Associate Professor in the Departments of Community Health Sciences and Psychiatry at the University of Calgary. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree (psychology) (1979) from the University of Alberta, and a Master of Science degree (health care research) (1992) and a Doctorate (1996) in epidemiology, both from the University of Calgary.
- Adair CE, Streiner DL, Lavoie J, Kopp B, Patterson M, Veldhuizen S, LeBlanc S, Goering P. Outcome Trajectories among homeless individuals with mental disorders in a Multi-site randomized trial of Housing First. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology
- Kozloff N, Stergiopoulos V, Adair CE, Cheung A, Misir V, Townley G, Bourque J, Krausz M, Goering PN. Understanding the multiple vulnerabilities of homeless youth. British Journal of Psychiatry
- Volk J, Jette J, Aubry T, Adair CE, Tsemberis S, Streiner D, Goering P. People with additional needs: When Housing First does not solve homelessness. Journal of Mental Health
- Aubry T, Goering P, Veldhuizen S, Adair CE, Bourque J, Distasio J, Latimer E, Stergiopoulos V, Somers J, Streiner DL. A randomized controlled trial in five Canadian cities of the effectiveness of Housing First with Assertive Community Treatment for persons with serious mental illness and a history of homelessness. Psychiatric Services.
- Goering P, Veldhuizen S, Nelson G, Stefancic A, Tsemberis S, Adair CE, Distasio J, Aubry T, Sergiopoulos V, Streiner D. Further validation of the Pathways Housing First Fidelity Scale. Psychiatric Services.
- Stergiopoulos V, Hwang SW, Gozdzik A, Nisenbaum R, Latimer E, Rabouin D, Adair CE, Bourque J, Connelly J, Frankish J, Katz LY, Mason K, Misir V, O’Brien K, Sareen J, Shutz C, Singer A, Vasiliadis HM, Goering PN. Effect of scattered-site housing using rent supplements and Intensive Case Management on housing stability among homeless adults with mental illness: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2015;313(9):905-915. Doi:10.1001/jama.2015.1163.
- Aubry T, Tsemberis S, Adair CE, Veldhuizen S, Streiner DL, Latimer E, Sareen J, Patterson M, McGarvey K, Kopp B, Hume C, Goering P. One year outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of Housing First with ACT in five Canadian cities. Psychiatric Services in Advance, Feb. 2, 2015; doi:10.1176/appi.ps.201400167
- Adair CE, Kopp B, Lavoie J, Distasio J, Hwang SW, Watson A, Veldhuizen S, Chislett K, Voronka J, Ahmad M, Ahmed N, Goering P. Development and initial validation of the Observer-rated Housing Quality Scale (OHQS) in a multi-site trial of Housing First. Journal of Urban Health; 91(2) 242-255.
- Veldhuizen S, Adair CE, Methot C, Kopp BC, O’Campo P, Bourque J, Streiner DL, Goering PN. Patterns and predictors of attrition in a trial of a housing intervention for homeless people with mental illness. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology; Online June 12, 2014; DOI 10.1007/s00127-014-0909-x
- Goering P, Streiner D, Adair C, Aubry T, Barker J, Distasio J, Hwang S, Komaroff J, Latimer E, Somers J, Zabkiewicz D. The At Home/Chez Soi trial protocol: A pragmatic, multi-site, randomized controlled trial of Housing First in five Canadian cities. BMJ Open:2011;1:e000323.
- Adair CE, Holland A, Patterson M, Mason K, Hwang S, Goering P. Cognitive interviewing methods for questionnaire pre-testing in homeless persons with mental disorders. Journal of Urban Health 2011:89(1):36-52.
Current Research Projects:Quantitative Lead for At Home/Chez Soi – a National Trial of Housing First for Homeless Individuals with Mental Health Issues
Methodological Expertise:Process and outcomes measurement, survey methods, questionnaire design and validation, epidemiology, observational designs, pragmatic trialsSearch Researcher Database