Environmental Scan on Youth Homelessness is a comprehensive examination of youth homelessness across Canada. Its purpose is to provide the following information:
- an overview of the homeless youth population, including their shelter situation;
- the primary housing and support issues related to homeless youth;
- recent and upcoming Canadian initiatives including publications, reports and projects on youth homelessness;
- names of agencies and key resource people working in the field; and
- types of effective housing interventions that have benefited homeless youth.
Unlike other Canadian studies of homelessness, Environmental Scan on Youth Homelessness focuses primarily on youth between 16 and 24 years of age. To date, most studies of homelessness have considered a particularcity or region. This report is national in scope and provides detailed information about youth homelessness in every province, the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut. (Authors)